Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Monday, March 24, 2014

YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!

Today's card is a card that I made this morning for my daughter, Rebecca.  Becca is seventeen and such a wonderful young woman.  This weekend she lost a dear friend (who was in his seventies) to a heart attack.  Becca has an old soul....love's old movies and music.  Some of her favorites are Cary Grant, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole....she cried when Andy Williams died and no one at her school knew who he was!  One of her best friends is a gal in her seventies who she goes to visit almost weekly and watches old movies with.  When her friend died on Saturday...she said..."I shouldn't have old people as friends"...it hurts too much!  I told they are a treasure that she should hold on to and she is a treasure to them...as her smile and love brings so much to their lives!  She is very blessed, and very much a blessing!

Today I also wanted to start sharing some sketches!  So here you have it!!!



Here is the sketch that I followed, but as you will see below, I did NOT follow it exactly!  Sketches are a great way of getting your creative juices flowing...I will be sharing them with you occasionally, and perhaps begin some challenges where you can post your creations!  
This card has a Whisper White base, with a Basic Black layer and a Sweet Sorbet designer paper layer.  I then cut a banner with my banner framelit in out of the same dp package...added a topper in Pool Party with a strip of Basic Black and a Metal button tied with 1/8" ribbon.  I used the Starburst framelit to cut the black starburst and mounted it below the banner.  I then used the Circles Collection framelit to cut a circle out of Crisp Cantaloupe.  I used the Starburst Sayings stamp set to stamp the "You make the WORLD a better Place" in Pool Party ink.  I then stamped the "thankful for you", with the Banner Greetings stamp set,  in versamark, covered in black embossing powder, heated.  I attached both with dimensionals!  I LOVE how it turned out and hope Becca LOVES it too!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful day!

I leave you today with one of my favorite quotes that I am CERTAIN I have shared before...but it is the perfect quote for today!

 
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world."  
- Author Unknown -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...