Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday's Watermelon Card

Good Morning everyone!  It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in Trinity County!  I am truly blessed to live among such beauty!  This week is such a busy week!  My daughter, Rebecca, is graduating this Friday!!!  Beck's is my fifth child to graduate...you would think I'd have it down by now....but I'm filling a little melancholy!  Thank goodness...playing in my workshop always brightens my day!

Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my sister-in-law....her birthday is tomorrow.  I hope you are enjoying my WATERMELON WEEK!!!

For this card I changed my color scheme!  I used Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White and Basic Black.  I love these colors just as much as the Old Olive and Melon Mambo!

I used the Stripes embossing folder for the background (SORRY...I didn't realize it is retired...I NEED TO MARK MY STUFF!). 

Again I used the Kind & Cozy stamp set for the watermelon.  Instead of stamping the center with the circle stamp (save it...I almost threw it away), I sponged the center with Strawberry Slush ink.  I cut it out with the 2 1/2" Circle punch, cut it in half and then into six wedges!  I added one to the inside, but forgot to take a picture...and now it is in the mail.  Use the small heart in the Owl Builder punch for the seeds!

The sentiment is from the Gifts of Kindness stamp set and I punched it out with the Word Window punch.  I love the new Thick Bakers Twine.  It looks adorable with the button from the Neutrals Designer Buttons pack.  This card came together really quickly one I came up with a plan...give it a go!


DID YOU KNOW???     
 There are over 1,200 varieties of watermelon grown worldwide?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...