Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Christmas from Thoughtful Branches

Hey there everyone! Well...it's Monday night and I'm finally sitting down to blog! Boy did the day ever get away from me! I started at the gym this morning...got the kids to school...worked a few hours...came home to make a dessert for our Monday night home group...a friend came to visit...brought me a lemon (for my Strawberry Lemonade Bars)...had to go back to town for powdered sugar...came home finished the dessert...took my daughter to volleyball tryouts...back home to cook dinner...picked my daughter up...made lemonade and tea for our guests...ate dinner...finished helping kids with clean up chores just in time...and now I'm all cleaned up from dessert dishes and glasses...and ready for bed!!  BUT FIRST...I have one last card from my August classes to share with you...and it's my FIRST Christmas card of 2016!!!

This is such a simple yet very charming Christmas card!  My layers are Crumb Cake, Real Red, Crumb Cake (again) and Whisper White.  I made an oval template and placed it on top of the Whisper White layer then used my Sponge Brayer to color inside of the oval with Pool Party ink. Next I stamped my tree in Garden Green and the trunk in Soft Suede using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set. The ribbon I used is Mint Macaron (which goes great with the brayered Pool Party oval). I tied a piece of Kraft Rope (from the upcoming Holiday Catalog) around the bow while attaching a Mini Pinecone (also found in the upcoming Holiday Catalog)!  Isn't it a great card!  The really cool thing is it doesn't have to be for Christmas! It would make a fun masculine birthday card as well!  

Well...I hope your starting to think about your Christmas cards! There are only 124 days left until we wake up Christmas morning! The new Holiday catalog is FABULOUS! Please let me know if you'd like one!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a TERRIFIC rest of your week! I hope you find time to create!!!

~Today's Thought~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...