Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Colorful Seasons

Hello there crafty friends! Hope all is well with you today! I'm a little late posting today because I've been out in my workshop CREATING and LOVING every minute of it! A friend stopped by to play for a little while and I was thrilled to have the company...it's always nice to spend time with folks who enjoy doing the things you like to do! I did take a short break to watch Kate lunge her horse. I am so blessed to still have kids at home that I can share in their passions...be it baseball or horses!

Well...yesterday was and AMAZING day at sewing class with my daughter! I can't wait to tell you all about it, but we haven't finished our projects yet and I want to share it all at once!  

Today's card is one I've been wanting to create for some time, but I'm really glad I hadn't yet because a NEW stamp set (Colorful Seasons) in the NEW catalog finished it of perfectly!

This card is made using three different stamp sets. First I used the High Tide stamp set for the sandy beach, which is stamped in Sahara Sand. Next I stamped the ocean water using the same stamp set and Bermuda Bay ink. Third, I used the Colorful Seasons stamp set to stamp the beach chair in Memento Black and Pumpkin Pie inks (two-step stamping). The trunk of the palm tree is stamped with the Work of Art stamp in Soft Suede. The grass is stamped in Pear Pizzazz and the seagulls are stamped in Memento Black ink...both are from the High Tide stamp set.  I created the palm tree leaves using the Paisley framelits with Pear Pizzazz cardstock and the coconuts are made using the 3/4" Circle punch and Soft Suede cardstock. I dry embossed the palm leaves and the coconuts with the Softly Falling embossing folder.  The word breathe is again from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  It actually says JUST BREATHE, but that didn't fit onto the card the way I wanted it to, so I used my SU marker to color just the word breathe and stamped it onto a Stitched Oval. I LOVE how it turned out and so does my daughter...she wants to send it to a friend!

Well...I hope you are inspired to think out of the box a bit when you are creating!  It always excites me when I discover an unusual way of using a tool!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  You know...I LOVE sharing what I LOVE doing!  Have a FANTASTIC afternoon!  I'll be back tomorrow, MUCH EARLIER...as I have lots of creations ready to share now!

~Today's Thought~
(I have TWO)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...