Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Carols of Christmas....in July

Good Morning Everyone! WOW...it's Wednesday already and this month is almost over! Time is just flying by...way to fast! Is it flying by for you?  I don't want to miss any of it...especially with my kiddos and my husband! I have five adult children and two still at home.  Adam will be a sophomore this...high school goes by so quickly and Kate will be a 7th grader! I'm tired of the hot weather, but I so don't want the summer to end! Even though they bicker at times...about DUMB STUFF...I LOVE having them around (although I did kick them out of the house for a while the other day because they wouldn't stop picking at each other!)  

Here I am, not wanting time to go by so fast...but I'm speeding ahead and share a Christmas project I created yesterday! Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE going out to my workshop and creating? Have I bothered to tell you how much I LOVE sharing what I create with you?  It's TRUE...I DO!!!

I'm SUPER excited to share today's project...I think it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

This project was inspired by a gal that attends one of my classes. Thanks Chris for sharing your camping tag with us at class!!!

This would make a BEAUTIFUL tag for a gift or an ornament for your Christmas tree. It would also be beautiful on front for a card.  

Stampin' Up! has a new Carols of Christmas bundle available to customers August 1st. Demonstrators were able to pre-order it.  I wasn't sure it was one I would use, but the TREES did it for me...and then I had this vision for a project and I am so glad that I got it! Let me show you how I created it!

First I used my Stitched Shapes framelits to cut my frame. I used the largest circle with the next size down inside of it as pictured. 

You end up with the photo below!





I cut twelve!  The cool thing is you're left with twelve centers for another project.  I used multipurpose glue to adhere eleven of the frames, one on top of the other for thickness.  I cut a solid back from Whisper White card stock using, again, the largest stitched circle framelit. I also cut the same size circles from vellum and window sheet card stock. I embossed my vellum with the Softly Falling embossing folder and attached it to the back using multipurpose glue...only around the edges! 


Here is the back of the project. After attaching the vellum to the back, I added trees cut with the Card Front thinlits (from the Carols of Christmas bundle) using Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper. I attached the trees with dimensionals. The deer is cut from Early Espresso card stock and is glued to the tree.

  








After adhering the vellum to the back and the details to the vellum, I attached my frame, over the details to the vellum with multipurpose glue. You can see the layers here. 

Next, I glued the edges only of the window sheet circle to the top layer and then topped the window sheet with another frame. 

I finished it off by adding bows cut with my Pretty Pines framelits. They are cut with Whisper White card stock, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper and Silver Foil paper.  The bow, which is GORGEOUS, is tied with Silver 3/8" Metallic Edged ribbon.

I really LOVE this project. I want to create it again with window sheets on both sides to use as an ornament for my tree.  I'll add the same scene to the other side using one more piece of vellum.  I'll also probably have to add a few more layers to my frame!

This beautiful bundle will be available for customers to order on August 1st. I'm so happy I have mine....I LOVE THOSE TREES!!

I hope you love this as much as I do! I'm starting to think more about Christmas now! 

Thanks BUNCHES for stopping by and allowing me to share what I love to do with you!  Happy Wednesday!





~Today's Thought~





2 comments:

  1. I love your ornament. I'm going to Pin it so I can find it again. I do believe a CASE moment will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Eveline!!! I'm so EXCITED that you want to CASE it!! Can't wait to see what you create!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...