Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tranquil Tulips and Glossy Card Stock Technique

Good morning everyone! I'm so excited it's the third Wednesday of the month because I have my monthly class down the mountain, in Redding!  I LOVE spending time with these gals...they are so encouraging and fun to be around! I've been up since 5:00am, with Kate, picking sticks, branches and logs from where we had trees removed....I think I might be a bit sore tomorrow! We have to get it done due to the fact that the guy who is going to level the ground for us said it could be two weeks or I could show up at any time....GOTTA LOVE small, mountain town living!

Before I head down I wanted to share one of the projects my class will be creating with you!

This GORGEOUS card is made with GLOSSY card stock. I used my Pacific Point and Old Olive ink pads and wiped them onto the glossy card stock...blending a few different layers. This is one of three techniques that SU shared on their blog and I shared with you back on June 10th. I finally had a chance to try it and I LOVE IT! 

The base of my card is Crushed Curry with a layer of Whisper White and then the inked Glossy card stock. I used my Stitched Shapes framelits to cut the oval. The stamp set used is Tranquil Tulips, a hostess set. You can choose to use your SU rewards to order it when you are hostessing a class (of $150.00 or more) or when you place an order of $150.00 or more before tax and shipping!

It's a two-step stamping set and I stamped the base color in Daffodil Delight and the top in Crushed Curry. The stems and grass are both stamped in Wild Wasabi.  I knotted a piece of Pear Pizzazz Shimmer Ribbon around the card before attaching it to the card base and adhered my stamped image slightly over it with dimensionals. Next I doubled up some Linen Thread and tied a bow with a Corrugated Element around the knot...adding one Rhinestone to the bottom right corner.  (I had to leave the Corrugated Element off the class card because I didn't have enough to go around...I'll have to showcase them at another class!)



Here's a look at another piece of inked swiped glossy card stock.  It looks like it's been brush painted. I can't wait to play with some other colors to see how it turns out! I'm definitely gonna have to add more of this glossy paper to my next order!!!











...and here is the inside of the card! I added a few more tulips, stems and grass, leaving plenty of room to right a note! I think these flower would also make great California Poppies...even though they are tulips. I see another project in my near future!!

Well...that's all I have for you this morning! I'm gonna take off down the mountain! THANKS SO VERY MUCH for stopping by and ENJOY your day!





~Today's Thought~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...