Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Peace This Christmas - World Card Making Day Project 2

Hey There everyone! I'm supposed to be headed to Sacramento shortly to catch a plane to a wonderful retreat in the Palomar mountains of San Diego County! I was so excited to go and hang out with friends! Sometimes life happens and plans change in a moment. Instead, today I'll hanging out with my hubby...hoping today will be the day he feels normal again. I am blessed to have a dear friend, who when I called to tell her what was happening, simply said..."you need to stay home with your husband"...no question about it, no making me feel guilty about not being able to go...she even took care of cancelling my flight to save for another trip. I love this gal so much...what a GREAT friend!! 

So here I am...thankfully...sharing a card with you today...feeling peace, joy and love, knowing that I am not alone, having faith that this will pass and knowing that I will be given the strength to handle whatever comes our way!!


Today's card is one of the five cards we made at my World Card Making Day event. 

The cardbase is Whisper White with a  4 1/8" X 5 3/8" piece Night of Navy layer on top. I used stitched oval framelits to cut an oval from a 4" X 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock. I saved the ovals (100 of them) for future projects! After cutting the oval out I embossed the same piece of cardstock with the Woodland embossing folder. Be sure to do the embossing after cutting the oval or the texture will be flattened...ask me how I know this!!!

I cut a piece of 2 3/4" X 3 3/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock to stamp the sentiment, which is from the Peace This Christmas stamp set, in Night of Navy ink. 

I used the Leaf punch to cut leaves from Old Olive cardstock scraps and I used the Pretty Pines thinlits to cut the holly berries from Red Glimmer paper. I slipped both of these under a piece of Silver 1/8" ribbon that I had tied in a bow around the side of the Woodland textured cardstock.  I mounted this to the Night of Navy cardstock with dimensionals.

Another clean and simple card to send Christmas wishes! I LOVE it!

I'm so happy you stopped by today! You keep me creating!!! Have a wonderful day!!!


~Today's Thought~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...